* [9front] netsurf and cookies
@ 2022-06-13 12:55 michael.grunditz
From: michael.grunditz @ 2022-06-13 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi

I have tried my very best to look in the
list archives. But no luck.

I am trying to use the plan9 port of netsurf.
It works great! The only issue I have is that
I can't login to sites, and I assume it is
related to cookies.

The cookiefile is opened just fine by netsurf.

I probably miss something silly , but is this
supposed to work?

Best regards,
Michael Grunditz

* Re: [9front] netsurf and cookies
@ 2022-06-13 14:07 ` ori
From: ori @ 2022-06-13 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth michael.grunditz@gmail.com:
> Hi
>
> I have tried my very best to look in the
> list archives. But no luck.
>
> I am trying to use the plan9 port of netsurf.
> It works great! The only issue I have is that
> I can't login to sites, and I assume it is
> related to cookies.
>
> The cookiefile is opened just fine by netsurf.
>
> I probably miss something silly , but is this
> supposed to work?
>
> Best regards,
> Michael Grunditz

it uses webfs, which uses webcookies; netsurf
itself should not be managing cookies directly.

* Re: [9front] netsurf and cookies
@ 2022-06-13 14:21 ` ori
From: ori @ 2022-06-13 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth michael.grunditz@gmail.com:
> Hi
>
> I have tried my very best to look in the
> list archives. But no luck.
>
> I am trying to use the plan9 port of netsurf.
> It works great! The only issue I have is that
> I can't login to sites, and I assume it is
> related to cookies.
>
> The cookiefile is opened just fine by netsurf.
>
> I probably miss something silly , but is this
> supposed to work?

also, I suspect it's javascript and not cookies;
the low-js sites that I tried (eg, lobste.rs)
seem to work fine.

* Re: [9front] netsurf and cookies
@ 2022-06-13 14:25   ` michael.grunditz
From: michael.grunditz @ 2022-06-13 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth ori@eigenstate.org:
> Quoth michael.grunditz@gmail.com:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have tried my very best to look in the
> > list archives. But no luck.
> >
> > I am trying to use the plan9 port of netsurf.
> > It works great! The only issue I have is that
> > I can't login to sites, and I assume it is
> > related to cookies.
> >
> > The cookiefile is opened just fine by netsurf.
> >
> > I probably miss something silly , but is this
> > supposed to work?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Michael Grunditz
>
> it uses webfs, which uses webcookies; netsurf
> itself should not be managing cookies directly.

Thanks! Deleting the cookiefiles and run webcookies did the trick!

Michael

* Re: [9front] netsurf and cookies
@ 2022-06-13 14:35   ` michael.grunditz
From: michael.grunditz @ 2022-06-13 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth ori@eigenstate.org:
> Quoth michael.grunditz@gmail.com:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have tried my very best to look in the
> > list archives. But no luck.
> >
> > I am trying to use the plan9 port of netsurf.
> > It works great! The only issue I have is that
> > I can't login to sites, and I assume it is
> > related to cookies.
> >
> > The cookiefile is opened just fine by netsurf.
> >
> > I probably miss something silly , but is this
> > supposed to work?
>
> also, I suspect it's javascript and not cookies;
> the low-js sites that I tried (eg, lobste.rs)
> seem to work fine.

I am using netsurf every day in riscos , so I know how it is.
I used Plan9 a lot during late 90ies, and am very happy that I
can use Plan9/9front on a Pi4 now!