* Dell Precision M4500 report
@ 2017-03-28 21:05 Paweł Oniszczuk
From: Paweł Oniszczuk @ 2017-03-28 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

cpu: Intel Core i5 CPU M560 @ 2.67GHz
hdd: Kingston mSATA 120GB SMS200S3 (note: board support only SATA2)
vga: NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M
display: FullHD (vesa 1920x1080x32 works)
mouse: Lenovo N700 (note: trackpoint and touchpad are also working and both have 3 buttons)
audio: Intel HD Audio works
ethernet: Intel 82577LM works
wifi: replaced stock Broadcom with Intel Link 5100 (took about 5 minutes and you can get used card for about ~$5)

I can provide sysinfo if it is of some use (using different OS right now - hope I didn't send HTML formatted email).

I replaced my old Thinkpad with Dell some time ago - was a bit disappointed with prices offered by Lenovo.
Overall I'm happy with it, only keyboard isn't up to pair compared to Thinkpads.

Note: mk install for /sys/src takes about 80-90 seconds if I remember correctly.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-03-28 21:05 UTC | newest]