* [9front] System not up to date / in sync with repo after "sysupdate"
@ 2024-05-28  9:24 alex-ml
From: alex-ml @ 2024-05-28  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

since I'm still not running "do not install", I followed these steps
(from the fqa):

% sysupdate

% cd /
% /sys/lib/rootstub

% cd /sys/src
% mk install
% mk clean

% cd /sys/src/9/imx8
% mk install

After these steps and rebooting, another sysupdate states: "up to date".
To double check, whether all worked as expected, I wanted to have a look
at the last commit from Ori, regarding gefs in /sys/src/cmd/gefs/blk.c.
But there is not even a directory "gefs" in /sys/src/cmd on my machine.
What am I doing wrong? I am using a MNT Reform with a nightly build from
a few weeks ago.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Alex

* Re: [9front] System not up to date / in sync with repo after "sysupdate"
@ 2024-05-29 17:40 ` Arne Meyer
From: Arne Meyer @ 2024-05-29 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi Alex,

this has happened to me.

Try the following first:

bind -ac /dist/plan9front /
git/revert /

If that fails you may have to get a working /dist/plan9front/.git from somewhere else, like the last *.iso.

Do the bind - git/revert dance again and follow that up with a sysupdate.

Greetings,
Arne

@ 2024-06-22 14:29     ` ori
From: ori @ 2024-06-22 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth alex <alex9-ml@proton.me>:
> is there any way I could find out or narrow down the cause?

cause of *what*? you haven't told us what's going wrong yet.

https://mikeash.com/getting_answers.html

* Re: [9front] System not up to date / in sync with repo after "sysupdate"
@ 2024-06-22  9:22   ` alex
From: alex @ 2024-06-22  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello moody,

is there any way I could find out or narrow down the cause? Would it be possible to boot from USB with a nightly build, copy /dist/plan9front/.git from there to another USB drive and copy it from there to the local install? (I would like to avoid a new installation if this phenomenon occurs.)

Thank you and best regards,
Alex

@ 2024-06-21 19:49 ` Jacob Moody
From: Jacob Moody @ 2024-06-21 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)