* /sys/lib/dist changes
@ 2011-04-12 22:32 Iruatã Souza
From: Iruatã Souza @ 2011-04-12 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

It seems /sys/lib/dist needs some work here and there. Cinap started
the process by minimizing the mkfile, and more should be done.
Some goals I think we can accomplish without sacrificing the unholy
principles are:

1. Promote the tools used by the installer (/sys/lib/dist/cmd) to
common tools or get rid of them. This includes writing the relevant
man pages.
2. A 9front cd should be easy to build. This is more or less done.
3. Make the installer as platform-independent as we can. Installing on
the little ARMs shouldn't be difficult.
4. If you can boot the live cd, you can boot the installer, and you
can run the installed system. The new boot code is a big step towards
that, minor improvements may still be needed, though.

I mention this more as a rfc, since I am myself willing to devote some
time to it.

regards,
iru