* cpu & drawterm problem
@ 2012-10-25 12:09 Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2012-10-25 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I have problems using cpu and drawterm. I've cleaned up /lib/ndb/local
according to netaudit, and I haven't the foggiest idea what to look at
or even what to read. I don't want to spend hours reading up on the car
radio when the engine won't start. :) Drawterm and cpu give completely
different errors. I only have one 9front box at present, so cpu is run
on that. I have spare machines, will install 9front on another if it's
worth it, but at the present it seems like buying a fuel filler cap
when the engine won't run.

drawterm error:

cpu: cannot get auth tickets in p9sk1: no translation for host found

cpu error:

cpu% cpu -u ethan
cpu: can't authenticate: lahti: auth_proxy rpc write: p9sk1@ethan.home:
no key matches user=ethan proto=p9sk1 dom=ethan.home role=client
user? !password?

netaudit: http://ethan.uk.to/static/tmp/netaudit-lahti

/lib/ndb/local: http://ethan.uk.to/static/tmp/ndblocal

/net/ndb appears correct, the auth ip certainly is:

cpu% cat /net/ndb
ip=192.168.0.3 ipmask=/120 ipgw=192.168.0.1
	sys=lahti
	auth=192.168.0.3
	dns=192.168.0.1

--
This is obviously some strange usage of the word
"simple" that I was previously unaware of.

* Re: cpu & drawterm problem
@ 2012-10-25 15:54 ` Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2012-10-25 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:09:37 +0100
Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> drawterm error:
>
> cpu: cannot get auth tickets in p9sk1: no translation for host found

the cpu server gives the client the authdom, not auth server hostname. i can't see anything in the drawterm code for mapping dom to server; it expects to be told the auth server explicitly. $auth will work, as will a hostname alias, e.g. in /etc/hosts:

192.168.0.3     lahti.ethans.dre.am     lahti   CPU auth