friends, i've written some patches to allow booting a root filesystem over import with optional aan. my end goal here is to have just a bootloader, kernel, plan9.ini on fat partition, on a very small 128MB sd card, and boot with the root over wifi on my X200. this is the first step. if import is selected at the bootargs prompt or selected in nobootprompt, import will dial $fs on the exportfs port(17007). setting aan=1 in plan9.ini will enable aan for import. this means you're actually booting your root from a cpu server, not necessarily a fileserver. it seems some time ago it was possible to boot over aan on labs distribution, but i'm not sure if it used import. an excerpt from http://9fans.net/archive/2005/03/215: 4570 free pages, 18280K bytes, 96680K swap no usb daemon no usbhid root is from (aan, tcp, il, local)[tcp]: user[none]: axel secstore password: version...time... init: starting /bin/rc my patches are at http://9.offblast.org/9front/patch/bootimport/ the import patch is necessary because if you do not strip the port from the import dial string, netmkaddr will *not* use the aan port read from the connection, and try to speak aan to the exportfs port. thoughts?