From: Eckard Brauer <eckard.brauer@gmx.de>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] werc/apps/wman botches some man page links
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 18:50:28 +0200	[thread overview]

Am Thu, 9 Aug 2018 21:21:11 -0400
schrieb sl@stanleylieber.com:

> 	http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/werc/apps/wman/linewraps
>
> sl

Writing that with some reservation because currently only using
plan9port (will have to repair my p9 system):

When setting RS to \0 awk is taking paragraphs separated by empty lines
each time, so I simply iterated over a whole paragraph each time.
Problems are, that (1) gsub doesn't have sub-patterns and gensub isn't
available, so I had to do all by hand:

awk -v RS='\0' 'function stripoff(str, num) {
                        str = substr(str, num, length(str)-num+1)
                        sub("^  *", "", str)
                        return str }
                        for (s=$0; i=index(s, "-\n "); s=stripoff(s, i+2)) {
                                printf("%s",substr(s,1,i-1)) }
                        print s "\n"
                        next }
                1'

So maybe it's also possible to integrate the following sed and awk
stuff there - I'd try it if the above is of any help.

--
:)