What does that mean, and where does the regexp apply? This had to be documented, as the case shows. Either ther regexp applies beginning the line from addr1 (what I'd treat as the expected behaviour), we have a bug in *sed, or the pattern applies from the line /following/ addr1, then it had to be clearly documented, what isn't the case. Am Tue, 13 Nov 2018 22:43:54 +0200 schrieb Antons Suspans : > On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 09:28:06PM +0100, Eckard Brauer wrote: > [...] > > The man page of GNU sed describes this behavior explicitly: > > "if addr2 is a regexp, it will not be tested against the line that > addr1 matched" > > (Man pages of Plan 9 are typically less tormenting.) -- :)