* How to get into plan9
@ 2019-11-21  6:15 Jared Henley
From: Jared Henley @ 2019-11-21  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi,

Against all recommendations on the 9front website I installed 9front
into a VM and lurked on this list for a while. But since I don't have a
lot of time to play I haven't really learned much yet.  I need to
actually use it, but I'm not sure where to start. What kind of work is
plan9 good at, or what are you people using it for?

Jared.

💬

Stop telling me how to use my computer.
I will configure it how I want,
get updates when I want,
and run whatever _I_ want.
                                      - Robots

What do you mean, “classified”?
You don't keep a secret from the user.
                                      - Wall-E

* Re: [9front] How to get into plan9
@ 2019-11-21  7:59 ` Michael Misch
From: Michael Misch @ 2019-11-21  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I use it for my main code editor. It provides me with minimal opportunity for distractions, and a very clean and fluid user experience doesn’t hurt one bit. The ease of integration with other systems is unmatched, into and out of plan9 (I have Unix systems happily running factotum using my 9 secstore, plumbing going everywhere, etc). The best way to figure it all out is to just use the bloody thing for as much as you can.

@ 2019-11-21 15:37 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2019-11-21 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front