On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 15:11:18 -0400 ori@eigenstate.org wrote: > Second patch looks ok. First patch -- do we want to fail? A computer should do what I tell it to do. -d is explicit. > Also, why not get rid of the debug fd entirely, and either > syslog() or fprint(2, ...)? You make a good point. syslog() would be wrong since this is debug info and not user info (like ssh logins). Print to stderr is probably the best default for debug info, and can also be redirected to a file. This obsoletes -f, doesn't care about creating a debug log file, and rc fails if the file can't be written. Attached patch is tested with the following: srvfs -d man /sys/man srvfs -d man /sys/man >[2]/tmp/dbg auth/none srvfs -d man /sys/man >[2]/tmp/dbg auth/none srvfs -d man /sys/man >[2]/tmp/dbg # correctly fails Thanks, Amavect