* [9front] Loading TLS keys from secstore during boot
@ 2023-04-08 18:59 ooga
From: ooga @ 2023-04-08 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On an all-in-one plan9 install, auth+fs+cpu, I load the private TLS keys into factotum from cpurc (from disk). All is fine with the https, IMAP and SMTP servers, but I wonder if I can keep the keys in secstore, instead of the /sys/lib/tls/acmed/ directory.

I've created the sectsore for glenda (with the factotum file holding the TLS keys), I've run auth/wrkey again, this time filling the secstore password (of glenda). But, on boot, factotum has only the authentication keys (p9sk1, dp9ik). It is true that auth/secstored is started in my /cfg/$sysname/cpurc, when factotum is already running. So, I think I miss something and more :)

The FQA mentions that I shouldn't fill the secstore password when I run auth/wrkey on an auth server, but I don't see how else can I do it. If I run auth/secstore, it asks the password. I was hopping the kernel will load that from nvram during boot.

Why it doesn't work?
What else can I do?