* [9front] https with tcp80 in 2023?
@ 2023-05-10 20:35 sirjofri
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: sirjofri @ 2023-05-10 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hey all,

I had this script working for quite some time now, but somehow my modern browsers started refusing to connect to it (something about unsupported protocols). Any ideas?

tcp443:
#!/bin/rc
exec /bin/tlssrv -c/sys/lib/tls/acmed/sirjofri.de.crt /bin/tcp80

sirjofri

* Re: [9front] https with tcp80 in 2023?
@ 2023-05-10 21:41 ` Yury Chumak
From: Yury Chumak @ 2023-05-10 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Not only modern browsers are refusing. Curl says "Cannot communicate
securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s)."
Some recommendations:
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=sirjofri.de
May be need to update certificate.

--
Sphynkx

* Re: [9front] https with tcp80 in 2023?
@ 2023-05-10 22:11 ` unobe
From: unobe @ 2023-05-10 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9front@sirjofri.de>:
> Hey all,
>
> I had this script working for quite some time now, but somehow my modern browsers started refusing to connect to it (something about unsupported protocols). Any ideas?
>
> tcp443:
> #!/bin/rc
> exec /bin/tlssrv -c/sys/lib/tls/acmed/sirjofri.de.crt /bin/tcp80
>
> sirjofri

This might be a tangent, but isn't shithub also on 9front?  Its https
works.  From using both modern Firefox and Chrome to connect to
sirjofri.de, it was a cipher issue.  I don't know exactly how much
further to debug.

* Re: [9front] https with tcp80 in 2023?
@ 2023-05-10 22:16   ` B. Atticus Grobe
From: B. Atticus Grobe @ 2023-05-10 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I'm willing to bet your hostowner factotum has lost the private key at
some point. That's usually what precipitates this problem for me.

* Re: [9front] https with tcp80 in 2023?
@ 2023-05-11 16:30 ` Julien Blanchard
From: Julien Blanchard @ 2023-05-11 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Must be something with your cert, I have somewhat the same script and it
still works as it used to.

@ 2023-05-11 19:45   ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2023-05-11 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

11.05.2023 18:38:59 Julien Blanchard <julien@typed-hole.org>:
> Must be something with your cert, I have somewhat the same script and it still works as it used to.

I re-generated the cert (using the same account keys) and checked everything, it seems to work now. Whatever went wrong in the first place.

Thank you everyone. Best community 🙂

sirjofri