* Re: [9front] new bounties posted
       [not found] <AA6EE3B60CE1D15090F71392CEDD3B98@ewsd.inri.net>
@ 2019-12-21 13:52 ` Ethan Gardener
From: Ethan Gardener @ 2019-12-21 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019, at 3:19 AM, sl@stanleylieber.com wrote:
> http://fqa.9front.org/appendixb.html

re. vcardfs, decoding vcards looks like a job for awk. does execfs still only serve one file? do we have a filesystem which will run scripts to serve multiple files?

* Re: [9front] new bounties posted
@ 2019-12-21 14:26   ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-12-21 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

i dont know where you got the idea from that execfs only serves one
file.

you specify a rule file in execfs maps regular expression on the file
path to a command.

theres a example rule file to serve manual pages in html:

/man2html/([0-9])/([a-zA-Z0-9\.]+)	troff -manhtml /sys/man/\1/\2 | troff2html -t '\2(\1)'

execfs is kind of just a toy i wrote to serve manpages from tcp80.

ironically, execfs itself has no manpage.

what it does not do is provide directory listings.

it is probably not what you'd want for a vcardfs where you want
to parse all the files, deduplicate and provide like a index
structure so you can efficiently query the set.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] new bounties posted
@ 2019-12-21 15:53     ` Ethan Gardener
From: Ethan Gardener @ 2019-12-21 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019, at 2:26 PM, cinap_lenrek@felloff.net wrote:
> i dont know where you got the idea from that execfs only serves one
> file.

My apologies, I must have misremembered.

> you specify a rule file in execfs maps regular expression on the file
> path to a command.
>
> theres a example rule file to serve manual pages in html:
>
> /man2html/([0-9])/([a-zA-Z0-9\.]+)	troff -manhtml /sys/man/\1/\2 |
> troff2html -t '\2(\1)'

That's cool.

> execfs is kind of just a toy i wrote to serve manpages from tcp80.
>
> ironically, execfs itself has no manpage.

;)

> what it does not do is provide directory listings.

That's probably what I was thinking of. I imagine it would be a problem for vcardfs.