* [9front] Mail rewrite; open path with stored mails
@ 2021-02-12 20:54 theinicke
From: theinicke @ 2021-02-12 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I have noticed that Mail/Nail does no longer open additional mailboxes if passed a path [containing mails as undecoded MIME messages]. Now I am wondering whether this is by design or it is desirable to reintroduce this.

That said I can imagine some possibilities for reintroduction:

1) change argv parsing to interpret argument like old Mail did (e.g. mbox | path)
1a) also reintroduce second optional argument to open mailbox with given mboxname - imho unnecessary, but backwards compatibility?
2) introduce this via an additional parameter
3) just do it using a script

I could provide a patch implementing it, but I am not sure whether this was left out by design (e.g. because if one needed it one could easily do this with a script) and which solution to favor, thoughts?

--
Tobias Heinicke

* [9front] Mail rewrite open path with stored mails
@ 2021-02-12 20:50 theinicke