richard miller’s image runs wpa fine - the wpa code is cinap’s ported from 9front. having said this i found a significant latency on wifi on the pi compared to wired ether. it was enough to make 9p feel a bit clunky when used to a file server; so i still use wires. i feel bad i never got to the bottom of the delays. -Steve > On 13 Feb 2022, at 3:41 am, Thaddeus Woskowiak wrote: > >  > I'd hate to discourage people from putting in effort but just explaining the reality. > >> On Sat, Feb 12, 2022, 8:17 PM wrote: >> Quoth Thaddeus Woskowiak : >> > I don't think Miller's wifi does WPA or any auth. Though I've not ran >> > Miller's pi image in a long time. Miller's wifi driver is also different >> > from 9 front's WiFi driver so it's not a simple port. >> > >> > For good pi audio I use a Dayton USB DAC which outputs pretty clean audio. >> > >> > Unfortunately the pi uses a really crummy SoC as it started life as an >> > EoL'd chip for set-top boxes. That's why it does weird crap like boot from >> > the GPU and lacked proper Ethernet for ages. Even Pi founder Ebbon Upton >> > was unable to grasp why people wanted proper Ethernet as the pi was only >> > ever meant for teaching. It's an educational toy built from a chip >> > scrounged from the cut out bin but everyone seems to want to ignore that >> > part. You get what you pay for. >> > >> > I tend to prefer cheap embedded PC's off eBay or itx Celeron SoC boards if >> > I need a small low power system. >> > >> > On Sat, Feb 12, 2022, 1:11 PM wrote: >> > >> > > So 9front on pi4 seems pretty stable. But has anyone got audio and wifi >> > > working. I recall >> > > reading some place that pi hardware developers kind of deviated from >> > > convention so its a bit >> > > tricky to get some of that stuff working. Perhaps I might also be asking >> > > for some sort of >> > > guide to read on how to build or deal with making drivers in 9front and >> > > some troubleshooting >> > > steps to follow. Ponies and Unicorns I want those also, so yea. >> > > >> > >> >> Interesting. Seems like a lot of wasted effort. Unless as you say using pi as a teaching >> experiement. So what about hackboard2. Kind of the same specs but Intel. I'm wondering if >> it will just boot 9front and work without too much fuss.