* [9front] vnc: fix farsi key symbols
@ 2023-05-17  0:43 unobe
From: unobe @ 2023-05-17  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Could someone explain the commit today for fixing farsi key symbols a
bit more?  Is this for vncs or vncv?  I assume vncv is more useful
nowadays due to drawterm, but perhaps not.

 From https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/x11proto/tree/keysymdef.h
, lines 60-81 describe the state of affairs (presumably from the last
copyright year at the top of the file, 1998).  If we want to remain
compatible with connecting to older server implementations, then would
it be better to do similar to what is done around line 91 from
https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/openjdk-jdk11/blob/master/src/java.desktop/unix/classes/sun/awt/X11/XKeysym.java
? That is, revert the changes to /sys/src/cmd/vnc/utf2ksym.h and
handle the discrepancy more generally in /sys/src/cmd/vnc/kbdv.c ? Or
do we just not care?