From: Steve Simon <steve@quintile.net>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Free Carrots #4: Making Backups
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 15:23:36 +0100	[thread overview]

fwiw

i tried to use replica when it appeared but always struggled. it worked perfectly for labs releases but synchronising home and work systems proved difficult.

i used mkfs but preferred dump9660 if the data being backed up fits on a cd - for a single project. it has the nice feature that you can do incremental backups with a dated top lever directory, in the manner of /n/dump

-Steve