From: sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9front@sirjofri.de>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] mimetype: add entry for .patch extension
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 07:31:35 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

09.02.2021 06:08:56 ori@eigenstate.org:
> Quoth Michael Forney <mforney@mforney.org>:
>> This way, upas/vf won't flag .patch files as suspicious by default.
>>
>> diff [...]
>
> Seems good, but for most purposes, it also seems
> reasonable to just 'rm /mail/lib/validateattachment';
> I don't think it really does anything useful for mail
> on plan 9.

If you don't think about mail, but http servers: at least rc-httpd uses
it to construct content-type headers. It extends this list (which btw
doesn't include css and js). I'm not sure about ip/httpd or tcp80.

I have some extensions for rc-httpd I did for gridchat-web, that included
basic range handling as well as POST. I wanted to prepare a patch. It's
on https://github.com/sirjofri/gridchat-web, if someone else wants to do
it (it's very easy, but contains one auxiliary native program for range
handling. I can try some chain using cat file | {read -c $start
>/dev/null; read -c $end} instead and see if it's faster than dd. Sorry
for offtopic).

sirjofri