* [9front] Thinkpad T14 hung boot
@ 2022-05-26 19:35 akw
From: akw @ 2022-05-26 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Has anyone else had any experience with the T14 (gen1), or maybe similar, newer Ryzen based thinkpads? It always exhibits the behavior as evidenced in the attachement. I can only boot from a USB drive if I 'secure wipe' the NVME disk *and then* load the UEFI to default settings, at which point I can install it as normal, and then reboot back to the same problem (which "hangs" indefinitely). I have tried most plan9.ini boot combinations (*acpi=0, nousb options, and a select other few), but with no success. I have also tried some combinations of UEFI settings, but those also do not work.

I am pretty certain it is something with this troublesome UEFI, and was just wondering if anyone else had the same/similar issues?

My uneducated guess is that it's related to the NVME disk, as it is usually the next boot message there.

Thanks!
Aidan