From: Stanley Lieber <sl@stanleylieber.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] FS: MNT Reform 4BG RAM 1TB NVMe SSD + external keyboard
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 16:57:53 -0500	[thread overview]

On February 12, 2023 4:41:44 PM EST, qwx@sciops.net wrote:
>On Sun Feb 12 22:13:41 +0100 2023, sl@stanleylieber.com wrote:
>> http://mnt.stanleylieber.com/reform/
>> http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/hardware/mnt/reform/
>> http://mnt.stanleylieber.com/keyboard/
>>
>> good shape. this has been used for over a year, so some light finish wear on the palm rest.
>
>Hey sl,
>
>I can't spring up that much money for this machine, but I'm curious,
>if that's alright -- why are you selling the reform and what are you
>substituting it with?  A x61t as you were thinking of previously?  I
>can't believe it has already been well over a year since the reform
>came out, but a ton of work has been poured into it, perhaps actually
>more from our 9fronters than others, to the point where I feel it has
>become symbolic almost.  Of course, there's still lots missing, and
>it's far from perfect.  Essentially, I'm curious what your takeaway
>from 1 year of using it is, for this machine specifically, and perhaps
>for crowd funded stuff in general so far, given past experience with
>51nb...  Is this stuff worth the bother?  Is it more than a hacking
>toy and can it replace the usual thinkpad suspects?
>
>Cheers,
>qwx

given infinite resources i'd just hold onto the reform forever. it's a great computer for 9front, and openbsd is almost functional.

but my portable office is a backpack. for a while i was carrying both the reform and a thinkpad everywhere i went, which sucked. i recently got an x1 yoga tablet and the built-in wacom works in 9front, so i'm able to consolidate 100% of my needs into a single thin, light machine.

i know a lot of people are interested in the reform and don't want to wait for one to ship from mntre. it makes more sense for me to sell it while it's still in demand.

i realize this is a hefty price, and i am open to offers.

thanks for asking,

sl