* x230t wifi firmware
@ 2020-02-19 13:14 Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2020-02-19 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

does anyone else know which openbsd wifi firmware works best? I can't
use dp9ik to a vultr VPS from my x230t, I'm wondering if I'm using a
slightly wrong firmware

* Re: [9front] x230t wifi firmware
@ 2020-02-19 13:32 ` kvik
From: kvik @ 2020-02-19 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I'm using /lib/firmware/iwn-6005, header:
	IWL
	6000g2a fw v18.168.6.1 build 0
taken from a 6.5 release iso. I had no issues with wifi.

> I can't use dp9ik to a vultr VPS from my x230t, I'm
> wondering if I'm using a slightly wrong firmware

This sounds oddly specific as a symptom of a supposed
firmware trouble.

What else does or doesn't work?

* Re: [9front] x230t wifi firmware
@ 2020-02-19 13:38   ` Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2020-02-19 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

well listening to an mp3 radio stream works, rcpu used to work I'm
almost sure. maybe it isn't the firmware... I'll try that revision
though

--
http://echoline.org

* Re: [9front] x230t wifi firmware
@ 2020-02-19 14:42     ` Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2020-02-19 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

hmmm, not the firmware after all. I can't rcpu from my other plan 9
machine either. this is the error:

tlsclient: auth_proxy: auth_proxy rpc write: interrupted

--
http://echoline.org

* Re: [9front] x230t wifi firmware
@ 2020-02-19 15:24       ` Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2020-02-19 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

d'oh. I figured it out. it was two things, I didn't have the auth= and
authdom= in ndb, and my dns was wrong

--
http://echoline.org