On April 1, 2021 7:03:37 PM UTC, cinap_lenrek@felloff.net wrote: >i dont see a kernelpanic here. > >it seems just that it locks up as soon as it tries to enable the >broadcom ethernet? > >Does the bcm ethernet work before? It initializes, and can send packets, but never receives any. >and i see that we run out of conf.mem[] slots (is this 386 or amd64 >kernel?). amd64 >The easiest is to just increase the number of Confmem slots in >pc64/dat.h: > >- Confmem mem[16]; /* physical memory */ >+ Confmem mem[64]; /* physical memory */ > >Can you be more specific on what is the regression here? I know I've replied with my results off-list to your other email you sent, but hadn't tried this yet. I still get a machine check error, but the inital boot text has a lot of 'xinit' errors. I then commented out the bcm line in pc64 and rebuilt the kernel. That got me a little farther, but now loading hjfs with -m 581 I get an out of memory error. If I use -m 128, I get to rio. Then, if I switch back Confmem to use 16 instead of 64, I still grt the meminit errors but successfully boot using -m 581 with hjfs. (I noticed that the 64 for Confmem set aside a lot more for the kernel and loads more mem overall, but left little for user mem). Hopefully some of this is helpful.