* [9front] software defined radio
@ 2023-04-21  3:24 sl
From: sl @ 2023-04-21  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

anybody doing anything interesting with 9front and rf?

sl

* Re: [9front] software defined radio
@ 2023-04-21  6:43 ` adventures in9
From: adventures in9 @ 2023-04-21  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I did a demonstration using the rtlsdr code to make a 9Front usb driver.
It would turn the dongle on and data came out, but I never wrote
anything to turn it into audio or anything.

I still have it here;
https://github.com/adventuresin9/rtlsdr-demo

@ 2023-04-21 13:43   ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2023-04-21 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front, adventures in9

On April 21, 2023 2:43:18 AM EDT, adventures in9 <adventuresin9@gmail.com> wrote:
>I did a demonstration using the rtlsdr code to make a 9Front usb driver.
>It would turn the dongle on and data came out, but I never wrote
>anything to turn it into audio or anything.
>
>I still have it here;
>https://github.com/adventuresin9/rtlsdr-demo
>
>On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 8:42 PM <sl@stanleylieber.com> wrote:
>>
>> anybody doing anything interesting with 9front and rf?
>>
>> sl

nice, i thought i remembered something like this, thanks!

wishlist: something capable of pulling audio off the air to further processing into samples for use with audio applications like zombie and ft2-clone.

@ 2023-04-27 23:10 ` Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM)
From: Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM) @ 2023-04-27 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front, sl

sl@stanleylieber.com writes:
> anybody doing anything interesting with 9front and rf?

Not RF (yet).  I *have* been noodling around with putting
together bits for an rs485 multidrop network that I can
hang radio controllers from, but it's currently on hold
because it looks like I will be moving soon so I've
started packing up non-critical hardware.

One of the reasons I picked up an aijuboard was to
investigate using the fpga for sdr.  Alas I never
found the cycles to work on that :-(  Some day, if
I manage to retire before I just drop dead ...

--lyndon