* [9front] Booting without sd card (MNT Reform)
@ 2024-05-24  6:26 alex-ml
From: alex-ml @ 2024-05-24  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

I found an article about booting 9front without sd card on the MNT
Reform in the wiki (http://wiki.9front.org/mnt-reform) and would like to
try this.

First, it says:
"make sure to run the latest (dated 2023-01-15, at least) kernel."

ext4srv is shown in /bin, so the image I'm using should be new enough,
but for the latest build I just have to "mk install" in /sys/src/9/imx8,
or am I wrong?

The last instruction states:
"the switch under the heatsink should be positioned to booting from
EMMC, this is not the default when the laptop is purchased"

Is this the "XSW" / "SW1" (or in the MNT Documentation it is called
"User-Defined Switch") Switch? And if so, should it be "ON" to boot from
NVMe?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Alex