* [9front] Free MNT Reform for dev use
@ 2022-08-13 15:56 smj
From: smj @ 2022-08-13 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I've purchased a turd, ahem, *THIRD* MNT Reform which I would like to
lend out in North America/Mexico to any enthusiastic plan9front dev
who would like to see Plan9 win on the MNT Reform.

Its first trip is to NY where Ori will try hacking on it, but if
you're interested, please respond to the list and if you could, please
share what your interests are in seeing Plan9 win the MNT Reform OS
war*

I'll write up some guidelines on borrowing it, but it will be pretty
flexible.

*I declared it, sorry.  Plan9 runs really quite nicely on the reform
compared to other operating systems.

* Re: [9front] Free MNT Reform for dev use
@ 2022-08-13 17:57 ` william
From: william @ 2022-08-13 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Brilliant idea. I love this machine. Its my primary computer. I have pretty much retired
my machines to be CPU's besides my work laptop.

But I am a bit tired of being thethered I'd likely shell out $40 for someone to get wifi working
and maybe audio.

Quoth smj@9p.sdf.org:

@ 2022-08-13 18:30   ` smj
From: smj @ 2022-08-13 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth william@thinktankworkspaces.com:
> But I am a bit tired of being thethered I'd likely shell out $40 for someone to get wifi working
> and maybe audio.

As sl as pointed out on the excellent MNTre page, you can easily do
this with an IOGEAR GWU637 ethernet to wifi universal adapter for $39
or less.  You can even power it off the MNTre USB and velcro the
device to the back of the screen with a short ethernet cable you're
quite portable.

* Re: [9front] Free MNT Reform for dev use
@ 2022-08-13 19:32     ` william
From: william @ 2022-08-13 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Oh very interesting. I never thought to try that. I will order it and give it a shot

Quoth smj@9p.sdf.org: