* Re: [9front] truetypefs(4)
@ 2020-02-07  4:25 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-07  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

term% truetypefs
term% font=/n/ttf/ipag.ttf.14/font
を使って書いて見ました(wrote above settings)

練習です(this is exercise)
大阪(Osaka)

hmmm, it's not easy what is the problem here...
Meiryo.ttf has license problem, and I do not use it here.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] truetypefs(4)
@ 2020-02-07  4:36 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-07  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Ahahaha, if we use bit map font like lucisasans/unicode.8.font,
we cannot see what is the problem...

Kenji

> term% truetypefs
> term% font=/n/ttf/ipag.ttf.14/font
> を使って書いて見ました(wrote above settings)
>
> 練習です(this is exercise)
> 大阪(Osaka)
>
> hmmm, it's not easy what is the problem here...
> Meiryo.ttf has license problem, and I do not use it here.
>
> Kenji

* Re: [9front] truetypefs(4)
@ 2020-02-07  4:32 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-07  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

term% truetypefs
term% font=/n/ttf/unifont.ttf.14/font
を使って書いて見ました(wrote above setting)

練習です(this is exercise)
大阪府堺市	(Osakafu Sakaishi)

こっちの方が良いですね(this is better than ipag,ttf)

Kenji

> term% truetypefs
> term% font=/n/ttf/ipag.ttf.14/font
> を使って書いて見ました(wrote above settings)
>
> 練習です(this is exercise)
> 大阪(Osaka)
>
> hmmm, it's not easy what is the problem here...
> Meiryo.ttf has license problem, and I do not use it here.
>
> Kenji

* Re: [9front] truetypefs(4)
@ 2020-02-06  9:13 ` Julius Schmidt
From: Julius Schmidt @ 2020-02-06  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Meiryo-01.ttf is the font I have here that works for Japanese.

I know libttf has many bugs, truetype is hairy :)
Would be fun to dig into them but I'm busy with other things.

aiju

On Thu, 6 Feb 2020, kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:

> If someone wants to use this for Japanese,
> I recommned to use unifont.ttf instead of
> ipag.ttf
>
> Kenji

* Re: [9front] truetypefs(4)
@ 2020-02-06  4:32 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-06  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

If someone wants to use this for Japanese,
I recommned to use unifont.ttf instead of
ipag.ttf

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2512 bytes --]

From: kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] truetypefs(4)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 13:19:08 +0900

Thank you very nuch.

> AFAIK yes. I found that not all fonts work

I tried Japanese ttf fonts, such as ipag.ttf or ipam.ttf.
Now I got why you said AFAIK yes.☺

term% truetypefs
term% font=/n/ttf/ipag.ttf.48/font
term% acme

Yeah, 48 point characters are drawn, however, those
are not so beautiful☺, and many complicated characters
are not converted.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] truetypefs(4)
@ 2020-02-06  4:19 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-06  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2020-02-05 11:31 ` Nicola Girardi
From: Nicola Girardi @ 2020-02-05 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front; +Cc: 9front

On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 07:15:59PM +0900, kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
> It says fonts are loaded from /lib/font/ttf.
> However there is no directory of /lib/font/ttf.
>
> Casn I just put a truetype fonts there?

AFAIK yes. I found that not all fonts work, but didn't look into why.
But you can install the ones from the ports, at a minimum, look in /sys/ports/media-fonts/.
(And if you don't have /sys/ports, then cd /sys ; hg clone https://code.9front.org/hg/ports.)