* [9front] isos for testing
@ 2021-02-20 14:37 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2021-02-20 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Recently, some bugs got fixed in the efi bootloaders
so this is a good opportunity to make new 9front
images that can be tested easily on hardware without
needing a existing installation.

You can download them, gunzip and write them directly
on a usb pen drive (or sdcard in case of the pi images).

Please report any regressions or if harware now works
when it before failed to boot.

http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front/9front-8347.df447471af01.386.iso.gz.torrent
http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front/9front-8347.df447471af01.amd64.iso.gz.torrent
http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front/9front-8347.df447471af01.pi.img.gz.torrent
http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front/9front-8347.df447471af01.pi3.img.gz.torrent

Note, these are not official releases, just a snapshot
in time.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] isos for testing
@ 2021-02-28 15:52 ` Tim Dempsey
From: Tim Dempsey @ 2021-02-28 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

The amd64 variant boots on my Lenovo Yoga (920-13IKB glass). It errors
on trying to setup the display mode/resolution but selecting text gets
me a native resolution rio desktop. The nvme shows in the dev dir, I
will try an install and see how far I get. FYI, The official release
makes it to the boot prompt but hangs when trying to boot the kernel.

Tim

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 9:42 AM <cinap_lenrek@felloff.net> wrote:

> Recently, some bugs got fixed in the efi bootloaders
> so this is a good opportunity to make new 9front
> images that can be tested easily on hardware without
> needing a existing installation.
>
> You can download them, gunzip and write them directly
> on a usb pen drive (or sdcard in case of the pi images).
>
> Please report any regressions or if harware now works
> when it before failed to boot.
>
> http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front/9front-8347.df447471af01.386.iso.gz.torrent
> http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front/9front-8347.df447471af01.amd64.iso.gz.torrent
> http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front/9front-8347.df447471af01.pi.img.gz.torrent
> http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front/9front-8347.df447471af01.pi3.img.gz.torrent
>
> Note, these are not official releases, just a snapshot
> in time.
>
> --
> cinap

* Re: [9front] isos for testing