From: igor@9lab.org
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] hidpi
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 14:11:53 +0100	[thread overview]

Quoth Philip Silva <philip.silva@protonmail.com>:
> Ah ok, interesting.  The one I remember is actually a similar y
> offset problem but in the opposite side (drawing into the now thicker
> border on top).  That was in rio though.  I must admit I mechanically
> copied the changes from plan9port where it seemed reasonable and then
> continued replacing where it looked right.  So that code has kind of
> heuristic reasoning :)

Yeah, I tried to eyeball the changes and copy things mechanically
as well, however, that did not succeed in fixing this issue. So
the only way is to actually understand the code, debug the issue,
and fix it ☺

The following shows the glitch (note the white line at the bottom), it
is fortunately easy to reproduce:

• https://invidio.xamh.de/watch?v=iLekQrxycaM

…opening acme and simply resizing the column to the right is all
that is needed.

> Cool I'll probably look first into trying some of the ideas mentioned
> once I'm in reach of my laptop again

Sounds good. I hope to find some time over the X-mas break to make
progress debugging and hopefully fixing it…