* [9front] audio stopped working on two *60 series thinkpads
@ 2021-03-19  2:58 sl
From: sl @ 2021-03-19  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

anyone with a T60 or X60 era machine willing to test?  i'm perfectly
willing to believe my machines are just borked.  however:

the other day i had out my X60t[0].  audio used to work on this
machine.  now it does not.

today i had out my T60p[1].  audio used to work on this machine.  now
it does not.

no idea when the breakage may have occurred.

sl

[0] http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/hardware/thinkpad/x60t/6363-g4u/sysinfo
[1] http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/hardware/thinkpad/t60p/2623-ddu/sysinfo

* Re: [9front] audio stopped working on two *60 series thinkpads
@ 2021-03-19  5:04 ` mike
From: mike @ 2021-03-19  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Audio works on my T60 (using pin 5): https://mike.eff0ff.net/hardware/t60/9front.sysinfo

@ 2021-03-19  5:11   ` Silas McCroskey
From: Silas McCroskey @ 2021-03-19  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I last rebuilt against 9front commit 85479d16418f (2021-01-22) and
audio works on both my x60t and t60p.

I'm 99% sure you know better, but are you sure your sound isn't just
muted via the hardware buttons?

http://sam-d.org/sysinfo/x60t
http://sam-d.org/sysinfo/t60p

- sam-d

* Re: [9front] audio stopped working on two *60 series thinkpads
@ 2021-03-19 16:08   ` sl
From: sl @ 2021-03-19 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> Audio works on my T60 (using pin 5): https://mike.eff0ff.net/hardware/t60/9front.sysinfo

i had been using pin 7... which is supposed to be the speaker:

pin 5 inout jack+fix ext left lineout green eapd ← aout 3, amix 14
pin 6 out nothing ext front hpout green ← aout 3, amix 14
pin 7 out nothing int special speaker black ← amix 15

i probably misremembered my previously working configuration.

pin 5 makes the speaker work on my T60p.

thanks!

sl

* Re: [9front] audio stopped working on two *60 series thinkpads
@ 2021-03-19 16:10     ` sl
From: sl @ 2021-03-19 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> I'm 99% sure you know better, but are you sure your sound isn't just
> muted via the hardware buttons?

that wasn't it.  and i keep track of my working configurations, so i
must have just written "pin 7" in error.  i haven't tested pin 5
against my X60t yet, but it does work on my T60p.

thanks,

sl