* [9front] Factotum "extensions" and secstore security
@ 2023-03-04  9:40 sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2023-03-04  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

I was wondering how factotum behaves if it's fed with keys that factotum doesn't understand, e.g. with a proto that factotum can't handle?

I'm planning on changing factotum a bit, but maybe only on one machine to keep stability. Though it is easy to just feed the locally adjusted factotum with the new secrets, I'm still wondering if it's fine to keep all the secrets in one file (secstore-style) and if the unchanged factotum will just ignore them.

For those wondering, I'm planning for proto=totp and maybe even an updated secstore that allows for totp-based security since I've heard that secstore isn't secure for modern standards (with the suggestion to only run it on a local network).

So, what's the state of secstore? How would a more secure version of secstore look like?

sirjofri

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-03-04  9:43 UTC | newest]