* [9front] WPA2 on 7260
@ 2022-11-13 15:01 Josh Pritsker
From: Josh Pritsker @ 2022-11-13 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

I've been trying to get 9front working on a Sony Vaio P.  I got an Intel AC7260 for WiFi.  Everything seems to work fine, but I can't connect to my WPA2 home network.  However, I *can* connect to the open network from a local coffee shop.

When I run `aux/wpa -p2 -s 'WiFi-Network' /net/ether1`, after a second I get an error of `aux/wpa: write auth: missing node`

`-d` gives `rsne:` and then a long hex string before the missing node error

Putting ether1 in debug mode gives me `wifictl: auth ` and then the same hex string when the error occurs

Adding the password ahead of time with factotum and using only `-2`, I get `can't flush queue 0: flushq: timeout` in the kernel console when adding, and then `ipconfig: no success with DHCP` when trying to initiate it.

Has anyone had a similar issue or does anyone have any suggestions for how to address this?

Thanks,
~ Joshua Pritsker

* Re: [9front] WPA2 on 7260
@ 2022-11-15  4:15 ` ori
From: ori @ 2022-11-15  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth Josh Pritsker <joshpritsker@proton.me>:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to get 9front working on a Sony Vaio P.  I got an Intel AC7260 for WiFi.  Everything seems to work fine, but I can't connect to my WPA2 home network.  However, I *can* connect to the open network from a local coffee shop.
>
> When I run `aux/wpa -p2 -s 'WiFi-Network' /net/ether1`, after a second I get an error of `aux/wpa: write auth: missing node`
>
> `-d` gives `rsne:` and then a long hex string before the missing node error
>
> Putting ether1 in debug mode gives me `wifictl: auth ` and then the same hex string when the error occurs
>
> Adding the password ahead of time with factotum and using only `-2`, I get `can't flush queue 0: flushq: timeout` in the kernel console when adding, and then `ipconfig: no success with DHCP` when trying to initiate it.
>
> Has anyone had a similar issue or does anyone have any suggestions for how to address this?
>
> Thanks,
> ~ Joshua Pritsker

can you put in a full paste of the log?

have you tried with the default wpa? (no -2)?

* Re: [9front] WPA2 on 7260
@ 2022-11-15 17:42   ` Josh Pritsker
From: Josh Pritsker @ 2022-11-15 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Sorry, which log are you asking for?

With the default WPA it doesn't ask for a password, then fails once I try to `ipconfig ether /net/ether1`

~ Joshua Pritsker

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

@ 2022-11-15 22:21     ` Josh Pritsker
From: Josh Pritsker @ 2022-11-15 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Update:

With a 2.4Ghz network, it does ask for the password and gets to "status: authenticated".  However, every second or so I get "got deassociation", and ipconfig returns "no success with DHCP".

@ 2022-11-21 12:21       ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2022-11-21 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

i can confirm that only 802.11g 2.4ghz networks ever worked on 9front.

@ 2022-11-23 15:55       ` kemal
From: kemal @ 2022-11-23 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> With a 2.4Ghz network, it does ask for the password and gets to "status: authenticated".
our wifi stack only works with 802.11b/g 2.4ghz networks.

> However, every second or so I get "got deassociation", and ipconfig returns "no success with DHCP".
the 7260 support isn't that sturdy, it failed to calibrate and worked slowly in
other laptops. it could be useful if you enable debugging mode (see
plan9.ini(8))
and send the kmesg: cat '#c\kmesg'