* [9front] Hackathon: Summer 2023 -- Brookyn, NY
@ 2023-03-05  1:42 ori
From: ori @ 2023-03-05  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Unfortunately, it seems like the Seattle plans
have fallen through for this year, so we booked
an AirBNB in NYC instead.

We'll be convening in Crown Heights, in Brooklyn,
NY, and have room for about 12 people.

If you have commit access, add yourself to:

	/usr/hackathon/2022-8-6

on git.9front.org

If you're not a committer and want to come,
ask and a committer will add you.

We've had questions about donations -- we'll
figure something out on that front soon.

* Re: [9front] Hackathon: Summer 2023 -- Brookyn, NY
@ 2023-03-05  2:03 ` ori
From: ori @ 2023-03-05  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth ori@eigenstate.org:

> 	/usr/hackathon/2022-8-6

obviously, this should be:

 	/usr/hackathon/2023-8-6

* Re: [9front] Hackathon: Summer 2023 -- Brookyn, NY
@ 2023-03-08  6:13 ` qwx
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: qwx @ 2023-03-08  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi everyone,

I found out after we decided on the dates and airbnb that there will
be a Gojira/Mastodon concert right on the evening of the 12th.  I'm
definitely going.  It might be possible, if not done already, to
extend the booking of the airbnb to the entire weekend including
sunday 13th (thanks Ori!).  The concert is at the amphitheater at
Coney Island, tickets can be purchased directly from its website.
Everyone is welcome to join, and in case price is an issue, I'm sure
we can work something out.  If anyone else has an idea of something
they'd really like to see/hear/etc., we could try to organize things a
bit, just so as to not disrupt the hacking much :)

Cheers,
qwx

* Re: [9front] Hackathon: Summer 2023 -- Brookyn, NY
@ 2023-03-08  8:15   ` Rodrigo G. López
From: Rodrigo G. López @ 2023-03-08  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front, qwx

oh wow, i love gojira. i'm totally in :)

i'd have to purchase the tickets later, a bit after the iwp9. does it look like they're going to run out?

-rodri

@ 2023-03-08 12:28   ` ieliedonge
From: ieliedonge @ 2023-03-08 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Gah! I would absolutely love to attend. Not sure if I can swing an impromptu
ticket from Tokyo, though.

* Re: [9front] Hackathon: Summer 2023 -- Brookyn, NY
@ 2023-03-08 14:23   ` ori
From: ori @ 2023-03-08 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth qwx@sciops.net:
> I found out after we decided on the dates and airbnb that there will
> be a Gojira/Mastodon concert right on the evening of the 12th.  I'm
> definitely going.  It might be possible, if not done already, to
> extend the booking of the airbnb to the entire weekend including
> sunday 13th (thanks Ori!).

It's extended to the 14th, so we have all of Sunday.