From: sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9front@sirjofri.de>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Update system: Boot files not updated
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:42:47 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

11.04.2022 20:19:46 Benjamin Riefenstahl
<b.riefenstahl@turtle-trading.net>:
> Even that procedure does not re-install them into the 9fat partition.
> Is there a ready-made script or mkfile target for that?

This procedure is not intended to install the files to 9fat. It's meant
for proper tftp/network booting and stuff like that. Whatever you need to
run the binaries is up to you and depends on your environment. Installing
them to /$objtype/ is the best the system can do for you and intended
behavior.

/sys/src/9/mkfile contains the procedures to create all binaries for all
platforms currently supported. At least, as far as I can see. I usually
just install pc64 (and my own wip port to pinephone) from their
directories manually. Again, install only to /$objtype/, and install to
9fat or sdcard manually.

sirjofri