* [9front] How to rollback?
@ 2020-12-13 15:14 nicolagi
From: nicolagi @ 2020-12-13 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi all,

it's clear to me from the FQA how to compile the system from sourceces
and upgrade the system.  I've done it a few times in VMs in the past.
Now that I have a stable system that I use every day, I'm more
concerned I might break it.  People here seem to be trying kernel
patches all the time...  so it must be possible to safely rollback in
case of problems.  How does one do that?  Suppose I upgrade the system
and it hangs on reboot; how does one rollback?

I'll take this opportunity to add another question.  I have a Unicomp
Model M keyboard and sometimes I get spurious key repeats, see
resulting “sourceces” typo above.  It doesn't happen with other
keyboards (but I'd rather use this one).  Any hint as to how I might
debug this, or provide useful information?

Thank you,

Nicola

* Re: [9front] How to rollback?
@ 2020-12-13 15:30 ` Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir
From: Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir @ 2020-12-13 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicolagi, 9front

I have /n/9fat/9pc64.ok just in case something goes terribly wrong.
For the rest I'll just use the dump.

* Re: [9front] How to rollback?
@ 2020-12-13 15:54   ` nicolagi
From: nicolagi @ 2020-12-13 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> I have /n/9fat/9pc64.ok just in case something goes terribly wrong.
> For the rest I'll just use the dump.

Thank you Sigrid.  The bit I was missing was how to use that backed up
kernel, and that's via bootfile=9pc64.ok at the boot prompt, if I
grepped the man pages right.

(Sent from a freshly upgraded 9front.)