From: sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9front@sirjofri.de>
To: Thaddeus Woskowiak <9front@9front.org>
Subject: Re: [9front] SSH server?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 08:50:12 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

21.01.2022 22:59:26 Thaddeus Woskowiak <tswoskowiak@gmail.com>:

> They likely don't have drawterm on the build system or don't want it as
> a dependency and want the build system to work out of the box.

In this case I assume it should be quite easy to find/write some http
server which can provide POST for a rest-like interface, too. You can
make it work with webhooks. The only issue so far I can see is
authentication, but even rc-httpd solved that.

You can look at my gridchat-web project on github. Forget about the
webapp, but the rc-httpd adjustments involved POST. It'd need some
cleanup (and renaming since I called it PUT which was wrong but I didn't
know it better). Also it was really heavy due to long polling for new
messages, but for your use case it would be fine.

I wish tcp80 could handle auth and POST/PUT, since REST maps nicely to
9p. In theory you can write your web services as fileservers and expose
them via http.

sirjofri

PS it's theoretically also possible to use any other supported protocol
(ftp, cifs) with a dedicated fileserver that waits for a write on a file
and processes that, or use some kinda runq directory that's run every
minute via cron that watches a directory for queue messages.

Or, just go plain tcp and write a simple command protocol yourself. You
can try to wrap it in tls for security, it should work with certificates.
Telnet could be pretty easy. I thing plan 9 has some legacy/old code for
stuff like that.