* [9front] List archives
@ 2022-03-23  7:36 cosarara
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: cosarara @ 2022-03-23  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi there,

I'm new to the list and trying to browse the archives.

http://lists.9front.org/ explains:

> Each of these directories contains messages sent to the respective
> mailing list in mdir format, one message per file. Erick Quanstrom's
> nupas upas/fs (now merged with 9front upas) can mount these
> directories as mailboxes, for reading directly with a mail client.
> Note: Opening large mailboxes over a slow 9p link will be very slow.

"mdir" is a broken link to some nupas.pdf file (where is it?).
I'm having trouble trying to use 9front upas to mount the directories:

cpu% 9fs 9front
post...
cpu% ls /n/lists/9front | sed 5q
/n/lists/9front/1301537055.00
/n/lists/9front/1301538397.00
/n/lists/9front/1301539178.00
/n/lists/9front/1301540255.00
/n/lists/9front/1301552131.00
cpu% ls /mail/fs
cpu% upas/fs -f /n/lists/9front/
upas/fs: wridxfile: '/n/lists/9front/.idx' File system read only
upas/fs: wridxfile: '/n/lists/9front/.idx' File system read only

At this point, running acme, typing in Mail and clicking it with Mouse 2
does not bring up anything, so I assume I am doing something wrong.

There is only glenda at /mail/box, with nothing in
/mail/box/glenda/mbox, and trying to cat /mail/fs/mbox will hang such
that DEL won't stop it and I don't know what to do besides Deleting the
rio window. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks a lot,
cosarara