* [9front] mnt reform shortcuts
@ 2022-09-03  2:58 william
From: william @ 2022-09-03  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

; reform/shortcuts is really clever

Can I just throw that into $home/lib/profile? and leave it running. It shouldn't hurt anything or just
put it last or maybe just before riostart

* Re: [9front] mnt reform shortcuts
@ 2022-09-03  3:17 ` Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir
From: Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir @ 2022-09-03  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front, william

shortcuts require kbdtap which Rio provides, which means it has to run with Rio's namespace. Can run it in riostart in a window.

* Re: [9front] mnt reform shortcuts
@ 2022-09-03  4:04   ` ori
From: ori @ 2022-09-03  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front, william

Quoth Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir <sigrid@ftrv.se>:
> shortcuts require kbdtap which Rio provides, which means it has to run with Rio's namespace. Can run it in riostart in a window.

alternatively, use rio -k, but background the process:

	rio -k '</dev/kbdtap reform/shortcuts >/dev/kbdtap&'

* Re: [9front] mnt reform shortcuts
@ 2022-09-03  4:46     ` william
From: william @ 2022-09-03  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

here is what I have

rio -k '</dev/kbdtap reform/shortcuts >/dev/kbdtap&' -bsi riostart

when rio loads it also loads a terminal without any prompt. But the key strokes were perfect. If delete the terminal the functionality is gone so I just hide it.

Quoth ori@eigenstate.org:

@ 2022-09-03  5:30       ` umbraticus
From: umbraticus @ 2022-09-03  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> If delete the terminal the functionality is gone so I just hide it.

probably a little nicer then to do it in riostart:

window -hide ....

I haven't twisted the tap myself yet but looking forward to it.
Is it not possible to use except in a window? I guess in
order to always allow a non-keyboard way of killing it.

umbraticus