* Re: [9front] Re: Autostarting riow and bar
@ 2022-12-11  0:04 ` Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir
From: Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir @ 2022-12-11  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front, tommmy

Note that it ought to work without putting in a file, which it did (before major rc refactoring) but only incidentally. When I decided to use fd 3, I wrongfully assumed rc will always do what is expected - put the pipe on fd 3 of the left process on one side and fd 0 on the other side. In reality rc does all kinds of random shit depending on the moon phase. Others (mcf) have a better idea of what actually is happening.

* [9front] Re: Autostarting riow and bar
@ 2022-12-11  0:50 tommmy
From: tommmy @ 2022-12-11  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front, tommmy

Quoth tommmy@themorfords.com:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make riow and bar start up automatically when rio
> starts.  Manually running the following command in a window after rio
> starts works:
>
> </dev/kbdtap riow >/dev/kbdtap |[3] bar

Resolved.  Putting that command in a file and calling

rio -i 'window scriptfile'

works.  Of course after spending an hour on it I would have figured it
out 5 minutes after asking the ML...