* upasfs and IMAP: opening nested mailboxes
@ 2019-10-03  7:28 Stephen Gregoratto
From: Stephen Gregoratto @ 2019-10-03  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I am experimenting with sending/receiving mail in 9front, and have hit a
snag. I save all my mailing list messages in nested mailboxes under "Dev",
e.g:

  Dev/9front - Where messages from here goto
  Dev/OpenBSD/tech

I'm unsure how to open these types of mailboxes using upasfs(4). I have
tried echoing the following to /mail/fs/ctl:

  open /imaps/imap.fastmail.com/personal@sgregoratto.me/Dev/9front
  open /imaps/imap.fastmail.com/personal@sgregoratto.me/Dev.9front

Cursory inspection of the upas/fs code didn't reveal anything to me
either.
--
Stephen Gregoratto

* Re: [9front] upasfs and IMAP: opening nested mailboxes
@ 2019-10-03  9:42 ` Ethan Gardener
From: Ethan Gardener @ 2019-10-03  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019, at 8:28 AM, Stephen Gregoratto wrote:
> I am experimenting with sending/receiving mail in 9front, and have hit a
> snag. I save all my mailing list messages in nested mailboxes under "Dev",
> e.g:
>
>   Dev/9front - Where messages from here goto
>   Dev/OpenBSD/tech
>
> I'm unsure how to open these types of mailboxes using upasfs(4). I have
> tried echoing the following to /mail/fs/ctl:
>
>   open /imaps/imap.fastmail.com/personal@sgregoratto.me/Dev/9front
>   open /imaps/imap.fastmail.com/personal@sgregoratto.me/Dev.9front
>
> Cursory inspection of the upas/fs code didn't reveal anything to me
> either.
> --
> Stephen Gregoratto

I can't find the email now, but i vaguely recall being told to either mount or launch [n]upas with the folder name, i forget which.  I recall not liking the solution, but that may have been due to a misunderstanding.

* Re: [9front] upasfs and IMAP: opening nested mailboxes
@ 2019-10-04  4:30 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-10-04  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I dfon't know the imap case, however, for pop3 things seem to work fine.

Open command to /mail/fs/ctl will create a new mail box with the name
you attached.   It's just create a new mailbox...

After making a new mailbox, you have to save a real mails on it.
Then, mail -f <the mailbox name you created>.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] upasfs and IMAP: opening nested mailboxes
@ 2019-10-03 12:05 ` Stephen Gregoratto
From: Stephen Gregoratto @ 2019-10-03 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On 2019-10-03 12:11, cinap_lenrek@felloff.net wrote:
> maybe enable some debug printing with -l and -d flag.

All I get in the logs is:

  imap: err is no mailbox does not exist

> you can pass a 3rd argument to open with the local name (in case you
> dont want to have the mailbox directory appear as /mail/fs/9front/
> or /mail/fs/Dev.9front/).

Same thing :(
--

@ 2019-10-03 10:11 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-10-03 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>  open /imaps/imap.fastmail.com/personal@sgregoratto.me/Dev/9front
>  open /imaps/imap.fastmail.com/personal@sgregoratto.me/Dev.9front

i'm not an imap expert but reading the code this should have worked.

how does it fail? is there a error message? how do you expect this to work?

maybe enable some debug printing with -l and -d flag.

you can pass a 3rd argument to open with the local name (in case you
dont want to have the mailbox directory appear as /mail/fs/9front/
or /mail/fs/Dev.9front/).

in any case, there should be a directory showing up in /mail/fs/
named as the part after the last slash in the path or the explicit
name.

--
cinap