From: sl@stanleylieber.com
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] plan9 documentation
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:49:10 -0400	[thread overview]

> when i try to point people to docs on 9front subjects it's sometimes
> difficult to find the right document

There are two good places to look:

	- http://fqa.9front.org
	- /sys/doc on a 9front system

> i googled ...
> troff site:cat-v.org
> today in order to find troff.pdf.
>
> this revealed doc.cat-v.org/plan_9/4th_edition/papers/troff/
> but the html rendering is completely broken.
> there are no links to the pdf version, i.e. the following search
> doesn't return the required results:
> troff site:cat-v.org filetype:pdf

I reported the broken HTML rendering of the trof paper to Uriel
on 2011.01.08. We did some preliminary work to try to fix it (it
is currently better than it was before), but I forgot about the
problem and have not attempted to address it since Uriel passed.

For some reason Uriel was going through doc.cat-v.org and replacing
the original papers with HTML-rendered versions, removing the links
to the original versions in the process. I have, over time, added
links to all available versions on some of the pages. The troff one
I obviously missed.

> i had to drawterm in and du|grep troff.pdf to find the right path (it
> does exist).

How did you get drawterm access to cat-v.org?

sl