* aux/kbdfs: changes to allow support of NEO2 layout
@ 2020-04-18 21:13 Jstsmthrgk
From: Jstsmthrgk @ 2020-04-18 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I would really like to add support for NEO2 layout [0], but I've got two
problems:

First of all, the NEO2 layout uses six layers, while the current kbdfs
only allows for four of them (out of the eight tables three are only
used to allow multi-byte keycodes starting with E0 and another one is
used for something with the ctrl key). Therefore I would have to add two
more tables to kbdfs (and one more Private Unicode Space Rune to
keyboard.h). As this would be my first ever contribution to 9front I
wanted to ask beforehand if there is anything I have to pay attention to?

The second one is that there are many dead-keys in the NEO2 layout, it
seems like currently those are replaced by the compose key in the
current implementation. I guess I should just do it alike?

I would really value some feedback beforehand, as already stated, this
would be my first ever contribution. (I will try to program it tomorrow)

[0] https://neo-layout.org/