Hi ori, > Quoth Benjamin Riefenstahl : >> Maybe the message is somewhere in APE, although I >> could not find it in /sys/src/ape either. ori writes: > ./lib/ap/stdio/strerror.c:33: "No such file or directory", But the actual error message is just "No such file", so some code would have to cut the rest explicitly to get from that bit in strerror.c to that result. It seems that the text does actually come from the syscall, see attached new test. I can't find the implementation in the kernel right now, maybe somebody has a pointer. Thanks for any insight, benny