From: "B. Atticus Grobe" <grobe0ba@tcp80.org>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Re: 9front Boots Into "No Config" -- The Most Bizarre Error; Bypassing The Bootloader
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 17:26:32 -0500	[thread overview]

On 7/27/23 16:37, Jay F. Shachter wrote:
> The one thing I have not yet been able to do is eliminate the bootargs
> prompt.  I want to invoke /9pc64 in such a way that it is told
> everything it needs to know in advance, and doesn't have to ask me
> anything.  As you can tell from the kernel arguments in my GRUB
> menuitem, I tried to do that with the bootargs= argument, but it's
> not working, it still asks me to tell it the bootargs.  How do I
> eliminate the bootargs prompt when I boot 9front?  Thank you in
> advance for any and all replies.

man plan9.ini

as moody said, try this on a drive that isn't filled with stuff.
or run it in a vm. minus a (now patched) issue with hjfs in the
installer that has already been mentioned, the installer does the right
thing for a "supported" installation.

all these other hoops you're failing to jump through are of your own
invention. there is a reason no one does single-drive multiboot like
this, because it is not actually a supported configuration for any OS,
just one of those things that can _sometimes_ be made to work.

on the other hand, 9front and most modern operating systems run just
fine under qemu, virtualbox, vmware, vmd, and probably even hyperv and
don't require all of this ridiculous crap. 15 (or more?)
partitions/slices? this is just stupid. do stupid things, get stupid
results.