* Re: [9front] Netsurf 3.9 for Plan 9 (work in progress)
@ 2020-02-04 23:40 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-04 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> That works for me. I've not sumbitted patches this way before so correct me if my diffs are not usable.

So, are you going to post the diff here?

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Netsurf 3.9 for Plan 9 (work in progress)
@ 2020-02-08  0:15 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-08  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

It spends for getting https://www.netsurf-browser.org/ about 22 secs
on my rpi-3B terminal.
On the other hand, abaco or mothra get it within 2 seconds.
Those latters are rolling paper model, and page looking is much
better in netsurf though.

Kenji

@ 2020-02-07  3:12 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-07  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> Kenji, you might not see a speed up if you run the browser on your
> terminal or all-in-one plan9 installation, but if you run it on a
> cpu-server it makes a difference depending on the bandwidth.

I run it on a pc64 terminal, and yes, it's quick enough.
Thank you very much for your efforts to make this available to us.

When I run it on a arm(rpi 3B) terminal, I see a error at the top
of the welcome page like:
-----
html,body{margin:0:padding:0;}body{color:#000:background:#fff;font-family:sans-serif;margin:0
auto;}:link{text-decoration:underline;color:#00f;}a:visited{text-decoration:underline;color:#60a;}a:hover{text-decoration:none;}a:active{text-decoration:none;}a:active{text-decoration underline;color:#f00;}.
p{margin-top:1.5em;padding-top:0.4em;border-top:2px solid #94adff;}
-----

It's a source to <style type="test/css">

BBS News page still make the browser crush.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Netsurf 3.9 for Plan 9 (work in progress)
@ 2020-02-06  0:08 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-06  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I tried disfix2.patch.
It seems not to speed up the drawing...

By the way, BBCNews site makes corrupt the browser.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Netsurf 3.9 for Plan 9 (work in progress)
@ 2020-02-05  6:44 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-05  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> After resizing (make smaller window), I cannot enter text from
> keyboard.   However, re-resizing it to a larger widow, I can
> input text again.

Above problem solved after I do
mk 9res
mk install
under nsport/netsurf.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Netsurf 3.9 for Plan 9 (work in progress)
@ 2020-02-05  3:25 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-05  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> Now, it works perfect, I can resize the window

After resizing (make smaller window), I cannot enter text from
keyboard.   However, re-resizing it to a larger widow, I can
input text again.

By the way, in the Google window of welcome.html,
I cannot use ktrans.  Does it use special input other than
from console?

In other text window, I can use ktrans, though Japanese
font is not loaded.☺

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Netsurf 3.9 for Plan 9 (work in progress)
@ 2020-02-05  3:10 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-05  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Oh, sorry!

It was my mistake to make patch disfix.patch.
Now, it works perfect, I can resize the window, the vertical
scroll bar works fine, too.

Kenji

PS. I changed the files under /sys/lib/netsurf/, having
the content of ../../../resource/xxxx to copy the real
materials from resources directory

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2102 bytes --]

From: Kyle Nusbaum <knusbaum@sdf.org>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Netsurf 3.9 for Plan 9 (work in progress)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 20:28:15 -0600

> Wao!
> Thunks Kyle.
> Yes, it works for world wide web sites!

Great! Glad someone else has it running.

> It's a bit slow to fetch the outside web page, and the verical scroll bar
> just move only when the mouse is on, which may be not so good.

The disfix patch adds support for scroll wheel.

> Your disfix.patch made my netsurf showing garbage screen.

Hmm were you sure to pipe the standard output and standard error?

Try:
6.nsfb >/dev/null >[2=1]

@ 2020-02-05  2:13 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-05  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2020-02-03  2:08 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-03  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

To get my 9front machine's ssh account on github, I have to
access https://github.com/settings/ssh, and post my
public key to it.   However, to do it, a javascript enabled
web browser is neccessary.   Those of abaco or mothra has not.

If I may not be wrong, I have to cheat github something?

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Netsurf 3.9 for Plan 9 (work in progress)
@ 2020-02-01 23:46 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-02-01 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> 	# get it
> 	git/clone git+ssh://git@github.com/netsurf-plan9/nsport
> 	cd nsport
> 	fetch clone
> 	mk

I compiled 5.nsfb, and found it doesn't show the image when I
run
term%  5.snfb /sys/lib/netsurf/welcome.html.
It shows the ns window, but doesn't the welcome contents.

The one by jamos
https://webbkurs.ei.hv.se/~imjam/plan9/netsurf-3.9-2020-01-24.tgz
shows them fine.

These two are different work?

Kenji

* Re: [9front] Netsurf 3.9 for Plan 9 (work in progress)
@ 2020-01-31 10:38 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-01-31 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> Since there's a lot of repositories, we've got a repo
> with management scripts. To get this, assuming you've
> got a github account set up:

To setup it on 9front/Plan9 we need to have javascript enbaled web browser,
where is it?

> 	# get it
> 	git/clone git+ssh://git@github.com/netsurf-plan9/nsport

I can get git/clone git;//github.com/netsurf-plan9/nsport.git, then
I got individual git file by:
git/clone git://github.com/netsurf-plan9/libcss.git etc.
Then,
> 	cd nsport
> 	mk

Alas! we have no mkfile file in nsport/libwapcaplet/src... etc.

Kenji

* Netsurf 3.9 for Plan 9 (work in progress)
@ 2020-01-01 22:02 jamos
From: jamos @ 2020-01-01 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello everyone,

As some of you know from the 9fans discord channels, I am trying to port
the web browser Netsurf to Plan9 (9front).
My port is still very much work in progress, but I wanted to publish a
first version for the ones that might find it interesting to compile and
run. I started out with the prior work of Jens Staal and AAP that I
found in different contrib directories, but my port is based on the
latest stable version.

My port so far uses the 'framebuffer' driver, which means that the
browser draws in a memory bitmap, than then is copied to a Plan 9 Image
using loadimage(). It does not work to snarf or paste. If I get good
success with the framebuffer frontend, I will try to write a native
frontend for Plan 9 there is already ones for amiga, atari, beos, gtk,
riscos and windows present.

There is a lot of functionality lacking currently, but it is possible to
load local web pages, even if they don't display so nicely. There are
many things to figure out. I have not given fonts any thoughts. It is
little endian (as I commented out the code that checked for endianess).
In reality not so much works, but it compiles and something shows... :-)
There is a lot of README files though, and I am open to all kinds of
input.

You can the source code here:
https://webbkurs.ei.hv.se/~imjam/plan9/netsurf-3.9-2020-01-01.tgz

//Jonas Amoson

Ps. Oh, and the port relies heavily on APE-shit, and being a browser it
also supports a lot of WEB-shit ;-)