* RFI acid debugger and stack parameters
@ 2020-03-07 23:38 Trevor Higgins
From: Trevor Higgins @ 2020-03-07 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

In debugging some amd64 programs , I have found the breakpoint
information from stk() and lstk() is somewhat unreliable.

Are there things that I am not taking into account that is the cause of
this?

Do APE programs have different ABI?

Do I need to set the BreakPoint after the BP register is loaded?

Checking the assembly seems to confirm that the c-function parameters
are pushed onto the stack and accessed indirectly via the BP register.

I have tried compiling with -N (no optimization) and other things but I
find that the information returned about entry parameters is not
consistent and sometimes horsecrap.

--
We need another plan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-07 23:38 UTC | newest]