From: Jacob Moody <moody@mail.posixcafe.org>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Questions about the P9 kernel code
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 08:41:43 -0600	[thread overview]

On 9/19/22 03:14, M. Osman Talayman wrote:
> Thanks sirjofri,
> I have taken a step back since yesterdays conversation with Jacob. I'm
> now going through K&R and working the exercises. At some point, I will
> look into some of the libraries that come with the P9 C
> implementation.
>
> I will also take your advice and, at some point, try to set up a P9
> system consisting of an auth server (factotum), a couple of file
> servers (using both fossil and venti) and a cpu server. I will use
> RaspberryPis for this, or maybe do it using virtual machines.

Factotum is not what makes an auth server an auth server, that's
authsrv and keyfs. Factotum is just the authentication agent.
Also unless you are looking for specifically some of the features
given by a fossil/venti system it is better to use cwfs/hjfs, less
moving parts at first. Also I recommend virtual machines over pis,
just personally.