From: Daniel Morandini <danielmorandini@me.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] tsl boot, tsl error
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 16:13:48 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi cinap :D

> the t9fs service basically just establishes a tls tunnel,
> authenticated using your dp9ik key, and then proxies to
> the 9fs service on the fileserver.
>
> here, take a look:
>
> term% cat /rc/bin/service/tcp17020
> #!/bin/rc
> exec tlssrv -A /bin/aux/trampoline 'net!$fs!9fs'
Ahhhh got it!

> and, that the fileserver is listening on the 9fs
> (tcp port 564).
tcp  0    glenda     Listen       secstore   0          ::
tcp  1    none       Listen       rcpu       0          ::
tcp  2    glenda     Listen       ticket     0          ::
tcp  3    none       Listen       t9fs       0          ::
tcp  4    glenda     Established  rcpu       62315      192.168.1.12
tcp  5    glenda     Established  rcpu       38078      192.168.1.12
tcp  6    network    Closed       secstore   58979      192.168.1.6
tcp  7    glenda     Established  rcpu       58981      192.168.1.6
tcp  8    network    Closed       56203      ticket     filefucker.station
tcp  9    network    Closed       42207      ticket     filefucker.station
tcp  10   network    Closed       ticket     42207      filefucker.station
udp  0    network    Closed       0          0          ::
il   0    network    Closed       0          ticket     filefucker.station
icmp 0    network    Datagram     0          1          ::
icmpv6 0    glenda     Datagram     134        134        ff02::1

The server is *NOT* listening on 564, but

console=0 service=cpu sysname=filefucker nvram=#S/sdM0/nvram user=glenda authdom=Pardac nobootprompt=local!/dev/sdUdcc3b/fscache -a tcp!*!564

this is my cmdline.txt file. It theory I’m instructing cwfs to listen
on 564 right? (The fileserver is a raspberry pi4 with a SATA disk).

—--
As usual, telling the problem out loud made it clear :D

I am listening on the rcpu port because my server is instructed
to be a cpu server, hence starts listening and thats why I can rcpu
into it. I cannot use the file server directly though because
‘-a tcp!*!564’ is not interpreted correctly (spacing!)!

…I quoted that, I that just booted for the first time from the network.
It was just amazing 😂

Thank you sincerely,
I’m learning so much from the front like never before.
Have a nice day

dan