From: cinap_lenrek@felloff.net
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] rc: unix bits removed
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 08:45:25 +0200	[thread overview]

>>do you mean that some 9base package refers to files from 9front
>>mercurial tip?

> No, I was asking (without having checked) if the p9p/9base rc uses those files
> from whatever version of rc they are derived. The reason I asked is because whenever
> I have time I will be trying to sync frontbase (our fork of 9base) with 9front.

excellent, do it. if nobody maintains the unix parts, then theres no reason to keep
it in the 9front repository. once theres a known working version again, i'm happy
to sync it back. but i dont see a reason to maintain known broken shit when theres
a p9p version out there that already works.

> I was wondering if the job just got harder.

no, i dont think so.

> It's likely I'm not qualified for the job in the first place.

just DO IT.

>>Ori_B tried to build rc for unix, failed and i conclused it was broken
>>and removed the files, assuming anyone who wants rc for windows or
>>unix knows where (not) to find it :)

> Which UNIX? I get the criteria you outline below, but this seems like a convenient excuse. :)

linux with p9p. symbol clash with searchpath().

>>just like with drawterm, i'm not going to maintain unix and window
>>shit in the 9front tree. it just leads to unmaintained broken shit
>>that makes changes harder as i have to do changes in files that i
>>can not build to test...

> How do you build UNIX and Windows drawterm to test?

from the drawterm repo.

--
cinap