* [9front] git github.com
@ 2022-09-11  3:17 william
From: william @ 2022-09-11  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I can pull from github.com but I would also like to push. However i'm not sure what
to put in factotum/ctl

instead of proto=pass I I'm guessing its rsa or? not sure of the other settings. size= ek= etc...

I get malformed key data when I write I think I have a few things wrong. But not sure whats needed.
I placed id_ed25519.pub in $user/lib/sshthumbs

ssh: auth: no key matches proto=rsa service=ssh role=client
git/send: pktline: short read from transport
/bin/git/push: send 10864951: pktline: short read from transport

Any ideas?

* Re: [9front] git github.com
@ 2022-09-11  3:30 ` B. Atticus Grobe
From: B. Atticus Grobe @ 2022-09-11  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

man rsa

* Re: [9front] git github.com
@ 2022-09-11  4:35 ` qwx
From: qwx @ 2022-09-11  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sun Sep 11 05:16:33 +0200 2022, william@thinktankworkspaces.com wrote:
> I can pull from github.com but I would also like to push. However i'm not sure what
> to put in factotum/ctl

There's a lot of missing information here, but you need a private rsa
key in plan9 format loaded in factotum with the tags 'service=ssh
role=client', its corresponding public key registered on github, and
`url=ssh://git@github.com/...' in your .git/config.  Don't touch
sshthumbs until prompted, that's not what it's for.  The easiest would
be to generate a new key (roughly, like the second example in rsa(8)),
or you can try to convert the private key you have from unix into
plan9 format, but I'm not sure how that worked (rsa(8), pem(8)).

Hope that helps,
qwx

* Re: [9front] git github.com
@ 2022-09-11  4:54   ` william
From: william @ 2022-09-11  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Yes that does help a bit more. I was trying to use another key but I will generate a new key and
start over and see how far I can get

Quoth qwx@sciops.net:
> On Sun Sep 11 05:16:33 +0200 2022, william@thinktankworkspaces.com wrote:
> > I can pull from github.com but I would also like to push. However i'm not sure what
> > to put in factotum/ctl
>
> There's a lot of missing information here, but you need a private rsa
> key in plan9 format loaded in factotum with the tags 'service=ssh
> role=client', its corresponding public key registered on github, and
> `url=ssh://git@github.com/...' in your .git/config.  Don't touch
> sshthumbs until prompted, that's not what it's for.  The easiest would
> be to generate a new key (roughly, like the second example in rsa(8)),
> or you can try to convert the private key you have from unix into
> plan9 format, but I'm not sure how that worked (rsa(8), pem(8)).
>
> Hope that helps,
> qwx

* Re: [9front] git github.com
@ 2022-09-11  6:42   ` william
From: william @ 2022-09-11  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Okay so that helped I generated a new key and inserted into factotum. I also uploaded the rsa2ssh to
github and that worked. I did get stuck on the marshal thing. I thought it was the 'ed' editor
but was not responding properly so I used -m msg and got around it.

But I was not sure why I needed to have the user access /adm/keys. I got that error a few times
until I gave it access to 'adm' using /srv/cwfs.cmd

git/commit -m cool what
heads/main: cc555f500262e975c4bb4e30cf40f44fe70e6753
cpu% git/push
deltifying 3 objects: 100%
writing 3 objects: 100%
refs/heads/main: f0ade9432f955fe647cc8b521374f8319015053a => cc555f500262e975c4bb4e30cf40f44fe70e6753

But It all seems to be working. Thanks again...

Quoth qwx@sciops.net: