From: igor@9lab.org
To: 9front@9front.org
Cc: igor@9lab.org
Subject: Re: [9front] displayport thinkpad x230 external monitor black screen
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2023 00:39:55 +0200	[thread overview]

I have a TP t420s as well as a x230i connected to an LG Ultrawide
screen at 3440x1440. The following shows the TP t420s:

• https://9lab.org/plan9/thinkpad-t420s/#monitor

The LG Ultrawide works just as well via DP with the TP x230i; here is
my /lib/vgadb entry for the screen:

# LG ULTRAWIDE
lgUW=3440x1440  # 60Hz
	clock=319.75
	shb=3488 ehb=3520 ht=3600
	vrs=1443 vre=1453 vt=1481
	hsync=+ vsync=-

With that entry in place I can use the monitor on the x230i as
follows:

% @{rfork n; aux/realemu; aux/vga -m lgUW  -l '3440x1440'}

… with a resolution of 3440x1440.